A note on end-of-interview questions
At panel
interviews, you will have the opportunity to ask questions. This is optional -
you don’t have to ask any questions, you will not be evaluated on whether you
asked questions or not, but I find that it leaves a good impression - it shows
that you care, you did your homework and you’re curious about the curriculum
and the environment. A little research about each school (15 minutes) goes a
long way. Here are some semi-intelligent questions you could ask:
“As a
resident/medical student, how do you feel about the diversity of patients and
cases in a small city such as London?”
“I have read on your website that electives during clerkship are dispersed throughout third and fourth years, as a resident/medical student, how do you feel that this has affected your choice of residencies? Did you have enough exposure to each field to take the necessary electives?”
“I have read on your website that electives during clerkship are dispersed throughout third and fourth years, as a resident/medical student, how do you feel that this has affected your choice of residencies? Did you have enough exposure to each field to take the necessary electives?”
A note on end of interview
At the
end of panel interviews, you’ll be asked if you have anything to add to your
application. At this point, it’s appropriate and recommended to thank the
interviewers for their time and a summary of why you think you qualify. I said
something to the effect of: “One of the things I’ve really learned from my
graduate supervisor is that anytime you give a talk or an interview, you should
always thank the people involved, so thank you so much for the opportunity to
meet with me. I’m not the smartest applicant but I do come with a rich and
diverse set of experiences that I think will greatly enhance the class of 2017
and the community at large.”
No comments:
Post a Comment